Dali

He made paintings like Persistence of Memory...
And said things like The only difference between a madman and myself is that I am not mad.

It might sound like I am referring to a friend, but this is the most apt way to introduce anyone to the one and only Salvador Dali



So, on his 113th birthday (and to say he still sounds relevant), I borrow his own lines..

Surrealism is destructive, but it destroys only what it considers to be shackles limiting our vision.

PS: A special thanks to my friend who introduced me to the joys of Dali :) May you find more like these.

Comments

  1. I have heard about Salvador Dali.

    The problem with me is that I am not able to appreciate the beauty in art: painting, poetry etc. I am slowly starting to comment on people's poems on blogs with my own immature poetry, but it remains to be seen how far it will go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just grows on you... having friends who have a taste for varied arts helps in one developing a taste...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What 'I' want to do

Charades we play

An Apology