The Anthem

Though these lines were written ages ago, I am still waiting for a time when all of us truly imbibe these words, and are proud of the nation we are a part of.

This is, actually, my anthem.

Where the mind is without fear and the head is held high 
Where knowledge is free 
Where the world has not been broken up into fragments 
By narrow domestic walls 
Where words come out from the depth of truth 
Where tireless striving stretches its arms towards perfection 
Where the clear stream of reason has not lost its way 
Into the dreary desert sand of dead habit 
Where the mind is led forward by thee 
Into ever-widening thought and action 
Into that heaven of freedom, my Father, let my country awake.

~ Rabindranath Tagore

Comments

  1. I had only heard/read the first line. This poem/song/stanza is very very inspirational. I hope to remember this for times to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :)
      Started reading Tagore quite late in life. But I am now addicted to his writing... the fervour is conveyed very effectively through simple words....

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What 'I' want to do

Charades we play

An Apology