I walk alone

These are the lines from Boulevard of Broken Dreams, a song sung by Green Day...

I walk a lonely road
The only one that I have ever known
Don't know where it goes
But it's home to me and I walk alone
......

My shadow's the only one that walks beside me
My shallow heart's the only thing that's beating
Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me
'Til then I walk alone

I'm walking down the line
That divides me somewhere in my mind
On the border line
Of the edge and where I walk alone....

I think we've all been there and done that... as much as we'd like company and support in whatever we are doing,
we ultimately walk the lonely street all alone :)

Comments

  1. Every time we go down that lonely street, all alone, is when we expect/hope/know it to open with our near ones in the other end :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well put..
    Quite true actually...

    But we still do end up walking the lonely road alone :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. But if you are stating it "lonely road" we ought to walk alone :-), and maybe it's nature's way of making us realize how valuable our relationships with society are...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) Nice way of looking at it..

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of my fav Rock songs...Green Day couldn't have put the essence of life in more apt words.
    :)
    ~Aindrila

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What 'I' want to do

Charades we play

An Apology