Care full or less ?

Being a woman is tough.... and I don't mean it in a rudimentary way of a menstural cycle and pregnancy and post partem. I mean the more obvious way of having to deal with a roving eye.

I have been raised to be an independent, and (almost!) self sufficient person who can take care of herself come hell or high water ! In all these years in the corporate world an trying to make the workplace a more inclusive place, there is a sixth sense which kicks in when I interact with some people.... and THAT is the one thing that keeps me on my toes !

Am I over-reacting in thinking like this... afterall 21% percent of the workforce comprises of women. We might not be a majority, but it isn't a negligible statistic. Then what is it that makes the mind cringe on those odd occasions ? Staying away is not the solution, neither is being overly cautious about it. 

What is the solution ? Besides relying on the sixth sense, which suddenly just steps up in sticky situation :)

Comments

  1. You are not over reacting when you say there needs to be more than an instinct to keep us safe. 21% female workforce is still a small number, this needs to go, more women need to be seen in public spaces at all times and that can happen with more girls being given good education and skills to join the workforce. Very relevant post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree. The more present we are, the tougher it will be to ignore the predicament, and safer we will be. But still doesn't solve for what I should do to make it safer for me. Have been struggling to get an answer.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

...

Love Story

Purpose