Gifts

I am very bad it buying gifts. I mean, I can always buy something for someone, a casual chocolate, an ice cream.. you get the drift...

But the minute it comes to getting something in a box for someone, I often freeze...
So when I finally thought I should splurge a little on a gift, and finally found a gadget (read: a gift that finally comes in a box) that would be used, I went ahead and bought it.

Ironically, the part I missed was whether it was needed... so in my misguided thrill for finally finding something that would be used, I forgot the other important aspect of a gift !

And so, now, the box is wistfully staring at me, as I stare back... hoping that the beneficiary (not that the person thinks he is benefitting from it) would finally unbox it !

I know I am making too much of a small thing, but to understand the joy of finally finding something, you need to watch Shall we Dance?   



Comments

  1. Interesting. I prefer to give cash gift in an envelope or box. It is easy for me to decide. The receiver can buy what he/she wants. Win-win situation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree. Have moved to cash or gift vouchers ! This was just one of those moments :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Charades we play

What 'I' want to do

An Apology