Love Story

I've read a few books so far....
Some books many times, and many books just about once....
But the one book I can read as many times I lay hands on it is Love Story, by Eric Segal.

So as I read the book again (once more !!!), here's what I like the most, besides the entire book that is...

"When our two souls stand up erect and strong, face to face, silent, 
drawing nigh and nigher 'til the lengthening wings break into fire at either curved point; 
What bitter wrong can the Earth do to us that we should not long be here contented?
Think. 
In mounting higher, the angels would press on us, 
and aspire to drop some golden orb of perfect song into our deep dear silence. 
Let us stay rather on Earth, Beloved, 
where the unfit contrarious moods of men recoil away 
and isolate pure spirits and permit a place to stand and love 
in for a day with darkness and death hour rounding it."

Comments

  1. Quite heavy post for me! :\

    Anyways, check my place! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks...
      You too have an interesting blog going.

      Delete
  3. I read it once, and was kind of saddened.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean the book or the lines ?

      Love the book...probably the best by Eric Segal... though it does leave you with a sad feeling...

      Delete
  4. This book is really nice, that's why it is a classic!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What 'I' want to do

Charades we play

An Apology