Life, in it's daily momentum, often becomes a series of mechanical actions or 'operational work' that typically occupies the day. This is not a gender specific issue but more a age related outcome. As a child, we don't care about anything. We are oblivious of activities around and just focus on what we want. As we grow up, we are more aware, and tend to take responsibility. Maybe convention associates taking up responsibilities with growing up, and I guess that's how the change subconsciously happens. The only gender based change (not applicable to 100% cases but definitely a wide majority) is that a lot of the operational work like groceries, laundry, keeping the house clean, watering the plants etc land in the hands of the female folk, and the more 'serious' things like providing financial stability etc get mapped to men. I am yet to figure out the reason for this de-facto mapping. I am not sure if these responsibilities landed with the respective g...
what about all the stuff you do that's best for your loved ones or simply because they wish or ask for us to do so, even If it hurts your gut?
ReplyDeleteMay be guilt can make up for some of the hurting, but then what gives?
"There is a luxury in self-reproach. When we blame ourselves, we feel that no one else has a right to blame us. It is the confession, not the priest, that gives us absolution."
ReplyDelete~ Oscar Wilde
I rest my case :)
Well, human nature is more devious and misleading the more you try to understand and master over it rather than just to experience it by putting yourself in everybody Else's shoes.. Rest Oscar Wilde is bang on. Case closed, unanimously :)
ReplyDeleteHaha... true..
Deleteshort but true!
ReplyDeleteDo you speak spanish?
yes it is
DeleteBella, I don't speak spanish just yet.. but always have wanted to.
ReplyDelete